[dsc] CPU problem

Elias Abacioglu elias.rabi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:15:21 UTC 2014

Ok, done.
A 4.6 MB core file was created.

But I really don't know how to use gdb (I tried the bt command).

I executed gdb like this:
# gdb /usr/bin/dsc ./core
GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4-2012.04-0ubuntu2.1) 7.4-2012.04
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://bugs.launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/>...
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/dsc...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
[New LWP 27928]

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Core was generated by `/usr/bin/dsc -p
/var/run/dsc-statistics-collector/dsc-collector_default.cfg'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x00007ff2da182a08 in poll () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ff2da182a08 in poll () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007ff2da9785f8 in ?? () from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpcap.so.0.8
#2  0x0000000000406544 in ?? ()
#3  0x0000000000403fba in ?? ()
#4  0x00007ff2da0bb76d in __libc_start_main () from
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#5  0x0000000000404469 in ?? ()

How shall I proceed?

/Elias