[dsc] Busiest Client Subnets chart

Cohoe, Jeremy jeremy.cohoe at ubc.ca
Tue Mar 4 20:09:41 UTC 2014

Hello, I've been using DSC for a few months now and it's really great. It's provided me with insight into our DNS servers that I've never had before... so thanks :-)

On the Client Geography page, the top entry is almost always the subnet of the DNS server itself, which skews the chart significantly. Is there something that I can do to fix this?  The collector's config has local_address set to the correct  IP, but from reading the manual it looks like this setting is only used for detecting the direction of the traffic.

Screenshot attached for reference. Thanks for any insight or advise,

Jeremy Cohoe,
Network Analyst, Network Management Centre
Information Technology | Engage. Envision. Enable.
The University of British Columbia
Tel: 604.827.5707