[dsc] perl errors?

Fred Richards fredr at geexology.org
Wed Jul 17 21:55:40 UTC 2013

Hello all,

 I have dsc setup as a collector, and I'm using my local archlinux machine
as a presenter.  I have the files coming over via rsync, and on the
presenter machine, I've checked out the latest svn and using that.

 When I go to run the dsc-grapher.pl script, it complains about one
specific line (and it looks fine to me), under the seconds_to_units sub:

        foreach my $u qw(years weeks days hours minutes) {

The perl errors are below and only really cover the last 3 subroutines in
grapher.pm, the ~1600 lines are from html_markup and the ~1580 lines from
seconds_to_units

"my" variable $self masks earlier declaration in same scope at
/usr/share/perl5/site_perl/DSC/grapher.pm line 1604.
"my" variable $buf masks earlier declaration in same scope at
/usr/share/perl5/site_perl/DSC/grapher.pm line 1608.
syntax error at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/DSC/grapher.pm line 1580, near
"$u qw(years weeks days hours minutes)"
Global symbol "$u" requires explicit package name at
/usr/share/perl5/site_perl/DSC/grapher.pm line 1581.
Global symbol "$v" requires explicit package name at
/usr/share/perl5/site_perl/DSC/grapher.pm line 1586.
syntax error at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/DSC/grapher.pm line 1588, near
"}"
syntax error at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/DSC/grapher.pm line 1601, near
"}"
syntax error at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/DSC/grapher.pm line 1620, near
"}"
Compilation failed in require at ./dsc-grapher.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./dsc-grapher.pl line 7.

--
                      Fred