[dsc] dsc wishlist for building a Debian package

Ondřej Surý ondrej.sury at nic.cz
Tue Oct 19 12:53:30 UTC 2010

On 19.10.2010 13:42, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 09:39:26AM +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>> I will add that we have discussed this FHS unfriendliness on DSC
>> workshop last week.
>
> Was that workshop mentioned anywhere?

It was more OARCish thing, because we discussed the plan to move DSC
under OARC.

>>    And after we make the changes I guess we will prepare the Debian
>>    packages as part of the upstream process,
>
> Does that process interfere with the packaging work that I have
> already done after taking over the long-standing ITP (#505405)? I
> intend to upload in a few days, the packages are finished.

Well, the plan is to move DSC under more open process @ OARC.  So that
depends on license you will use for packaging (hint: using same license
as DSC, i.e. BSD, will make things easier if we want to include your work).

Ondrej
--
  Ondřej Surý
  vedoucí výzkumu/Head of R&D department