[dsc] dsc presenter bug?

Duane Wessels wessels at measurement-factory.com
Wed Mar 3 17:45:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Tobias Winter wrote:

> On 03/03/2010 04:35 PM, Jose Romero wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have installed the dsc-200911111630.tar DSC version and I see a similar
>> problem but in my case it's in the "Source Ports Graph".
> Same here. I just took 'By Node' as example because I assume the data
> gets lost at the same portion of code for the various types of graphs.
>
> I so far ~ruled out a out-of-memory-kill of ploticus.
>
> My best guess is that an array is out of space or something.

Its a good possibility that ploticus is complaining about too
much data (but we don't see it because its stderr is lost).

In grapher.pm you'll find this line:

             ploticus_arg("-maxrows", "20000");

you might try doubing that.  Note however that ploticus has other
default limits that might be a factor.

To debug more in ploticus.pm find the function ploticus_begin and
then add something like "2>/tmp/ploticus.stderr" to the end of the
$cmd that gets spawned.

DW