[dsc] upload-prep.pl / documentation inconsistencies - collector

Stuart Browne stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Mon Jul 13 04:14:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

I found whilst following the instructions, there was an issue with the 'upload-prep.pl' routine the documentation states to use.

The documentation states:

% set prefix=/usr/local/dsc
% mkdir $prefix/run
% mkdir $prefix/run/ns0
% mkdir $prefix/run/ns0/upload
% mkdir $prefix/run/ns0/upload/oarc
% mkdir $prefix/run/ns0/upload/archive

The upload-prep.pl unfortunately only looks:

/usr/local/dsc/etc/*.conf:
  run_dir "/usr/local/dsc/run";

upload-prep.pl extracts:

        next unless chdir $rundir;
                foreach my $upload (<upload/*>) {

This misses the server level of directory structure.

Attached is the change I had to make in order for it to work.

I also ran into the problem 'Catalin LEANCA' had in April.  The documentation should probably mention that 2.40 or older of ploticus should be used at this point.

Still poking and prodding as I'm learning this thing.

Anyway, back to making RPM's for local distribution..  The inability to relocate bits is making life fun :)

Stuart J. Browne
Unix/Network Administrator
AusRegistry Pty Ltd
Level 8, 10 Queens Road
Melbourne. Victoria. Australia. 3004.
Ph:  +61 3 9866 3710
Fax: +61 3 9866 1970
Email: stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Web: www.ausregistry.com.au

The information contained in this communication is intended for the named recipients only. It is subject to copyright and may contain legally privileged and confidential information and if you are not an intended recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error, please delete all copies from your system and notify us immediately.