[dsc] No Data To Display at This Time

Mauricio Vergara Ereche mave at nic.cl
Tue Sep 16 22:58:38 UTC 2008

Hi Hoan!

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 18:15:44 Hoan Le wrote:
> Hi Mauricio,
>
> 1.  This is my first install.

OK

> 2.  I see the following errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log
[...]
I think that you didn't wait for the browser to complete the process. That
would be OK in that case.

> I have installed ploticus (located at /usr/local/bin/pl).

ok

> 3.  Permission on refile-and-grok.sh is  -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  498
> Aug 24 22:53 refile-and-grok.sh*

ok

> 4.  I have a /usr/local/dsc/var/log directory but there are no files or
> entries in it.

Are you transferring the files with rsync or x509? If it is the second, you
must see some logs in there.

If you're doing the rsync, check if the line 45 is commented and line 44 is
working ok... Some linux distros may fail in this.
When I did try to install that, the "--remove-source" failed and we used the
other method.

> 5.  "refile-and-grok-node.sh.stdout" contents
>
> [root at rancid data]# more refile-and-grok.sh.stdout
> Mon Sep 15 13:57:23 PDT 2008
> corp/corp-dns1:
> corp/corp-dns2:
[...]
> Mon Sep 15 14:01:42 PDT 2008

What about the refile-and-grok.sh.stdout that is inside of
data/corp/corp-dns1 ?

Do you have the incoming dir in it?
Do you have an error dir maybe?

> I don't have a "refile-and-grok-node.sh.stderr" file.

Same as above. It must be inside of data/corp/corp-dns1

> 6.  I have a "dsc-xml-extractor.out" file with no errors in it.

My first impression is that you do have some data in it, but it's very old and
you can't see it because the time span. The logs will help to verify that,
but I may be wrong... It's just a gut feeling :-)

Regards,
Mauricio

--
Mauricio Vergara Ereche                 User #188365 counter.li.org
DNS Admin NIC Chile                              mave [@] nic [.] cl