[dsc] IPv6 Support?

Andrew Ruthven andrew.ruthven at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Apr 3 04:45:33 UTC 2007

Hey Duane,

First off, thank you for working on this so correctly!

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 18:47 -0600, Duane Wessels wrote:
> Well it wasn't as easy as I imagined, but I have some code up for
> anyone to try:
>
> http://dns.measurement-factory.com/tools/dsc/download/dsc-200704021841.tar.gz
>

> You should find -DUSE_IPV6=1 in the top-level Makefile now.

I've managed to compile it, but I had to comment out the block checking
for ETHERTYPE_IPV6 in pcap.c.  That doesn't appear to be defined on my
Linux boxes.

> There are no configuration file changes necessary to support IPv6.
> If you have v6 traffic you should see it in any dataset that uses
> the client address or subnet.

So I can't define the IPv6 address using local_address for the name
server for defining direction then?

Also, it doesn't seem to be collecting IPv6 addresses quite right, I've
pulled this out of one of the XML files:
  302e:6fc4:ff7f:0:69df:4000::

It should be something like 2001:dce:4000:2::130 (that is the
nameserver).

> I have only tested the collector so far.  I have not yet tested the
> presenter (graphing) to make sure that v6 addresses will be displayed
> correctly there.

I'll let you know what it is like once I have the XML data getting to
the box with the presenter running.  I think that'll be tomorrows task.

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At work: andrew.ruthven at catalyst.net.nz
At home: andrew at etc.gen.nz
GPG fpr: 34CA 12A3 C6F8 B156 72C2  D0D7 D286 CE0C 0C62 B791