[dnstop] Comments to the dnstop build process

Duane Wessels wessels at measurement-factory.com
Wed Oct 17 16:45:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Marc Haber wrote:

Hi Marc,

I was tinkering with dnstop today and noticed this old, unanswered
message from you.  Sorry about that.

> First, the release does not allow to execute autoreconf on the sources
> since Makefile.am, configure.ac and configure.in seem to be missing in
> the release. If that is not intentional, I would love to see that
> fixed in a future release.

dnstop's use of configure & friends is very simple.  I ran 'autoscan'
once which gave me configure.scan.  From that I generated configure.
The package doesn't have configure.in or Makefile.am.

I'm including configure.scan as configure.ac in the tar file now.
Will that be sufficient do you think?

> Second, the Make rule for dnstop.o ignores some of the common compiler
> flags variables.

oops.  That rule has been removed.

DW